Texas Lime Pie Recipe
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups lime juice
- Whipped topping, lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 9-in. pie plates.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the milk, egg yolks and lime juice on low for 2 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- 3. Pour into prepared crusts. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 1 hour. Chill for 6 hours. Garnish with whipped topping, lime and mint if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 slice: 266 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Texas Lime Pie
"Fresh taste and easy to prepare."
"Very easy to make pie. Has to consistency of cheesecake but is def dominated by lemon flavor. Makes a great afternoon sweet tooth satisfactions. I used premade pie crusts cause I was in a hurry and it worked out great. Thanks again TOH!"