Texas Lime Pie Recipe
Then put it to good use by making scrumptious Texas Lime Pie. The recipe comes from Diane Bell (left) of Manvel. "With the perfect balance of sweet and tart, this velvety pie is a great way to beat the Texas heat and Gulf Coast humidity," Diane notes. "With this simple recipe, even a novice cook can make a really memorable dessert," she adds.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups lime juice
- Whipped topping, lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 9-in. pie plates.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the milk, egg yolks and lime juice on low for 2 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- 3. Pour into prepared crusts. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 1 hour. Chill for 6 hours. Garnish with whipped topping, lime and mint if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 slice: 266 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Texas Lime Pie
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2016
"Fresh taste and easy to prepare."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC