Texas Lime Pie Recipe
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups lime juice
- Whipped topping, lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 9-in. pie plates.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the milk, egg yolks and lime juice on low for 2 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- 3. Pour into prepared crusts. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 1 hour. Chill for 6 hours. Garnish with whipped topping, lime and mint if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 slice: 266 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Texas Lime Pie
"Fresh taste and easy to prepare."
"Very easy to make pie. Has to consistency of cheesecake but is def dominated by lemon flavor. Makes a great afternoon sweet tooth satisfactions. I used premade pie crusts cause I was in a hurry and it worked out great. Thanks again TOH!"