Texas Lemon Shrimp Recipe
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the water, lemon juice, garlic, Cajun seasoning, lemon peel and salt. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup shrimp mixture, calculated without rice) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Texas Lemon Shrimp
"My whole family loves this dish. I've made it several times."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.