- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the water, lemon juice, garlic, Cajun seasoning, lemon peel and salt. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Texas Lemon Shrimp in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p20
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Texas Lemon Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
My whole family loves this dish. I've made it several times.