VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the water, lemon juice, garlic, Cajun seasoning, lemon peel and salt. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Texas Lemon Shrimp in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p20
Reviews forTexas Lemon Shrimp
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"My whole family loves this dish. I've made it several times."