- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, oregano, salt if desired, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili con Carne in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p123
Reviews for Texas Chili con Carne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2012
"Good chili - enough kick - but not too much. Good flavor! I don't like kidney beans and the pinto beans are perfect. I did not add as much onion - but added everything else. Very good!"