Texas Cheeseburger Recipe
Your family will get a kick out of being served a wedge of this giant burger. To cut down on last-minute preparation, bake the bun ahead and store it in an airtight container. Split the bun in half just before serving. - Victoria Beckham, Hurst, Texas
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add oats, butter, milk powder, egg yolk, sugar, salt and 1 cup of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate egg white.
- 2. Punch dough down and shape into a ball. Press into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 3. Combine the first four burger ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a greased broiler pan, shape meat mixture into an 8-1/2-in. patty.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. To serve, split bun in half. Place lettuce, burger and cheese on bun bottom; replace top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 710 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1381mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein .
Reviews for Texas Cheeseburger
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2011
"it was very tasty change a bit of things"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC