Texas Cheeseburger Recipe
Your family will get a kick out of being served a wedge of this giant burger. To cut down on last-minute preparation, bake the bun ahead and store it in an airtight container. Split the bun in half just before serving. - Victoria Beckham, Hurst, Texas
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add oats, butter, milk powder, egg yolk, sugar, salt and 1 cup of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate egg white.
- 2. Punch dough down and shape into a ball. Press into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 3. Combine the first four burger ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a greased broiler pan, shape meat mixture into an 8-1/2-in. patty.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. To serve, split bun in half. Place lettuce, burger and cheese on bun bottom; replace top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 710 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1381mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Texas Cheeseburger
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2011
"it was very tasty change a bit of things"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC