Texas Caviar Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, peppers, onions, parsley, pimientos and garlic. Pour salad dressing over pea mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Texas Caviar
Sort By :
This is a great recipe! It was so yummy with rice as a quick dinner that doesn't heat up the house in the summer!
I've been making this for years. The only way my mother could get me to eat black eyed peas for New Years. The only difference is I throw in red pepper flakes for heat! ;-) Real "Texas" style!
This is one of our family favorites. I'm always asked to bring it to our big family gatherings. I have to triple the recipe and we still run out quickly. Yummy!
Super easy!! I just have to remember to go and look for pimentos with the vegetables and not with the pickles & olives. I think it might also be good with some avocado chunks in it also. But all in all a very YUMMY recipe!!
my husband has made this for snack at work and everyone loves it. We use whole olives as pimentos are hard to find. Also we add chickpeas!