My neighbor gave me a container of this zippy, tangy salsa one Christmas and I had to have the recipe. I fix it regularly for potlucks and get-togethers and never have leftover. I take copies of the recipe with me whenever I take the salsa. —Kathy Faris, Lytle, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, peppers, onions, parsley,
- pimientos and garlic. Pour salad dressing over pea mixture; stir
- gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup dip with 8 chips) equals 148 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.