Texas Black Bean Soup
This hearty stew made with convenient canned items is perfect for spicing up a family gathering on a cool day. "It tastes great and requires so little time and attention," notes Pamela Scott of Garland, Texas.
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes or Mexican stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 -10 servings
- (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.