This hearty stew made with convenient canned items is perfect for spicing up a family gathering on a cool day. "It tastes great and requires so little time and attention," notes Pamela Scott of Garland, Texas.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes or Mexican stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 -10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Texas Black Bean Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p45
Reviews for Texas Black Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review