- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes or Mexican stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 -10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Texas Black Bean Soup
"I've made this so many times I know it by heart! It's my go-to when I'm craving tex-mex flavors, and a cup is only 2 smartpoints on Weight Watchers 2016 program. Love it!"
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!! I make this a lot. It is tasty, easy to make, and extremely healthy soup to eat. I recommend this to everyone who likes the ingredients in it."
"I have made this soup many times; family and neighbors love it. I omit the stewed tomatoes and use less chili powder. Very quick and easy."
"Easy, and warms you up on a cold day."
"Loved this soup. I made it on the stove and it was ready in 30 mins. I cut the ingredients in half for 5 servings instead of 10. Next time I will double up on the black beans."
"My family liked this soup. It was easy to make and filling. Will make again. Thanks for sharing."
"Easy and really good, a real filling soup that is a great meal or snack if you are dieting. No fat lots of fiber and taste. Made it twice in one week."
"Did not use garlic. Too much chili powder for me. Did not use green onions but regular"