- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes or Mexican stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 -10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Texas Black Bean Soup
Sort By :
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!! I make this a lot. It is tasty, easy to make, and extremely healthy soup to eat. I recommend this to everyone who likes the ingredients in it.
I have made this soup many times; family and neighbors love it. I omit the stewed tomatoes and use less chili powder. Very quick and easy.
Easy, and warms you up on a cold day.
Loved this soup. I made it on the stove and it was ready in 30 mins. I cut the ingredients in half for 5 servings instead of 10. Next time I will double up on the black beans.
My family liked this soup. It was easy to make and filling. Will make again. Thanks for sharing.