Texas Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the V8 juice, water, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat and shred with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 339 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Texas Beef Barbecue
"Excellent. I freeze this in single portions. Excellent to take for lunch with a Kaiser Roll or an Easy fast dinner. I make this all the time. It does not stay around long!!"
"This is SO good. I added some honey and bourbon and it was to die for! Serve with collard greens and tater tots!"
"Very easy to make! Tastes good not spicy. The kids loved the meat alone with veggies and a baked potato."