Texas Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the V8 juice, water, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat and shred with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll. Yield: 16 servings.
1 sandwich equals 339 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.