A boneless beef roast simmers for hours in a slightly sweet sauce before it's shredded and tucked into rolls to make hearty sandwiches. “This is a family favorite,” notes Jennifer Bauer of Lansing, Michigan, who shared the recipe.
Recommended: The Best BBQ Recipes Across America
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the V8 juice, water, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Texas Beef Barbecue in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p30
Reviews for Texas Beef Barbecue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2014
"This is SO good. I added some honey and bourbon and it was to die for! Serve with collard greens and tater tots!"
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2012
"Very easy to make! Tastes good not spicy. The kids loved the meat alone with veggies and a baked potato."