Texan Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, soups, tomatoes and chili powder.
- Line the bottom of a 3-qt. baking dish with half of the tortilla strips; top with half of the chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Texan Ranch Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
I made this a few weeks ago and WOW!
I don't know why some reviews say dull and no flavor because with in 5 minutes of hitting the table it was gone. Lots of flavor. Their taste buds must be dead. Loved this and I am making this again tonight. Making 2 this time as they seemed not to get enough last time. LOL
Thank you so much!!!!
It was really good and easy to make. I don't like celery so I used cream of chicken soup instead of cream of celery and also left out the celery. It still tasted great with plenty of flavor.
VERY good!! There are many variations of this recipe. I combined this with another "Southwestern Casserole" from Southern Living Magazine. I added about 2 tablespoons of chopped jalapeno from a can; 2 cloves of garlic; cream of mushroom for the celery soup; 8 corn tortillas - all variations from this recipe. I also used 3+ cups of chicken which was coarsely chopped. I also threw in some sauteed mushrooms that I had leftover.
This has become one of my families favorite comfort foods! It freezes well also! I put a little in a smaller dish after it was cooked and froze it. Put in my lunch box later and it was GOOD heated up!
Very easy to make and delicious
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >