Tex-Mex Turkey Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 24 taco shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion, carrots and garlic in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the turkey, beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Fill each taco shell with 1/3 cup turkey mixture. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Turkey Tacos
Sort By :
My kids love these and they don't even notice all of the veggies!
I cooked the vegetables right along with the meat, cutting down the cooking time and the extra oil. They were plenty tender by the time the meat was no longer pink.
This recipe makes a lot of taco filling! They made a perfect quick leftover meal.
These are delicious, and they are so filling! I was skeptical of taco filling with all of the vegetables, but the filling is so flavorful that even my veggie-fearing husband loves them. :) We used a spicier salsa for extra flavor. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >