Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Flavored with taco seasoning and cilantro and topped with salsa and sour cream, these Southwestern turkey burgers are so good. I round out the menu with roasted corn on the cob and deep fried pita pieces topped with cinnamon. –Nancy Bourget, Round Rock, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, taco seasoning and cilantro;
- shape into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil
- 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese over burgers; grill 2-3 minutes longer or until a
- meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine sour
- cream and salsa. Serve burgers on buns with sour cream mixture and
- lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 584 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese,