Flavored with taco seasoning and cilantro and topped with salsa and sour cream, these Southwestern turkey burgers are so good. I round out the menu with roasted corn on the cob and deep fried pita pieces topped with cinnamon. –Nancy Bourget, Round Rock, Texas
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, taco seasoning and cilantro; shape into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese over burgers; grill 2-3 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine sour cream and salsa. Serve burgers on buns with sour cream mixture and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p37
Reviews forTex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2011
"I thought this was OK but not great. I did however make it with ground beef instead of turkey since I don't like it, so maybe it would be better for ground turkey lovers."