Flavored with taco seasoning and cilantro and topped with salsa and sour cream, these Southwestern turkey burgers are so good. I round out the menu with roasted corn on the cob and deep fried pita pieces topped with cinnamon. –Nancy Bourget, Round Rock, Texas
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, taco seasoning and cilantro; shape into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese over burgers; grill 2-3 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine sour cream and salsa. Serve burgers on buns with sour cream mixture and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review