Tex-Mex Spinach Salad
I’m new to jicama, a root vegetable that’s popular in Mexican and Southwestern cooking. It lends plenty of crunch to this no-fuss salad and blends well with the other zippy ingredients.—Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup chipotle ranch salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Serve with
- dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup salad with 1 tablespoon dressing equals 125 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.