I’m new to jicama, a root vegetable that’s popular in Mexican and Southwestern cooking. It lends plenty of crunch to this no-fuss salad and blends well with the other zippy ingredients.—Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup chipotle ranch salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Spinach Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010, p45
Reviews for Tex-Mex Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2013
"I added some fresh roasted corn from the cob and a little avocado and topped it with ranch dressing with avocado mixed in and it was delicious."