I’m new to jicama, a root vegetable that’s popular in Mexican and Southwestern cooking. It lends plenty of crunch to this no-fuss salad and blends well with the other zippy ingredients.—Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup chipotle ranch salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Spinach Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010, p45
Reviews for Tex-Mex Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2013
"I added some fresh roasted corn from the cob and a little avocado and topped it with ranch dressing with avocado mixed in and it was delicious."