Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Slow cooker meals, like this shredded beef sandwich, are my favorite kind because after I combine a few ingredients and let them cook there is time for me to do my own thing. Plus, I have a hearty, satisfying and enticing meal when I come home!—Katherine White, Clemmons, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with chili
- seasoning. Pour barbecue sauce over top. Cover and cook on low for
- 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from
- cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a
- slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll bottom; top
- with cheese. Replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 573 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 47 g protein.