- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons dried minced chives
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TEX-MEX DIP:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Corn chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TEX-MEX CHICKEN:
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 6 tablespoons.
- To prepare dip: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix. Serve with corn chips. Yield: about 1 cup.
- To prepare chicken: Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the process cheese, sour cream and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Add the chicken, beans, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix; heat through.
- Drain noodles; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Seasoning Mix in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p10
Reviews for Tex-Mex Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2015
"You probably could make this with cheddar cheese if you make the cheddar cheese into a cheese sauce first."
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2015
"can you make this without the processed cheese? Use regular mild cheddar?"