Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Here's a speedy skillet scramble from Patsy Grimes of Port Aransas, Texas. It combines eggs, sausage, tortillas, jalapeno and cheese. "This recipe came from a Mexican-American friend, "she writes. "I knew it was a winner the first time I made it."
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 corn tortillas (5 inches), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a skillet, cook the sausage, onion and tortillas in oil over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink and tortillas are lightly browned; drain.
- Stir in tomato, jalapeno, garlic powder and salt; heat through. Reduce heat to medium. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs in Country Woman March/April 2004, p37
Reviews for Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >