Tex-Mex Scramble Recipe
This homey mix of eggs, corn tortilla strips, roast beef and other savory ingredients is a favorite dinner for two for Paula Hill Wharton and her husband in El Paso, Texas.
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cooked roast beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook tortilla strips in 2 teaspoons oil for 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown but not crisp. Add the onion, jalapeno and remaining oil; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Add the eggs, tomato, beef, salt and pepper; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cup: 410 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 452mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Scramble
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC