This homey mix of eggs, corn tortilla strips, roast beef and other savory ingredients is a favorite dinner for two for Paula Hill Wharton and her husband in El Paso, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cooked roast beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tortilla strips in 2 teaspoons oil
- for 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown but not crisp. Add the
- onion, jalapeno and remaining oil; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the eggs, tomato, beef, salt and pepper; cook and stir until eggs
- are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for
- 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 410 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 452 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.