Tex-Mex Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, saute rice and onion in oil until rice is browned and onion is tender. Stir in the water, green pepper, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Rice in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p59
Reviews for Tex-Mex Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2013
"Whenever we have Mexican food, I reach for this recipe. I like it with the addition of red kidney beans as well and topped with shredded Mexican cheese - yum! We've also used brown rice with great results, too!"