Tex-Mex Quiche Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sprinkle chili powder over the inside of the pie shell. Combine cheeses with flour and place in pie shell.
- 2. Combine eggs, cream, chilies, olives, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 438 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.