- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chili powder over the inside of the pie shell. Combine cheeses with flour and place in pie shell.
- Combine eggs, cream, chilies, olives, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Quiche
Sort By :
"Wasn't crazy about this. I found it to be too salty, yet lacking something. Won't make again."
"This is one of my new favorite breakfast meals. Thanks for sharing it."
"FYI - The recipe is correct. 4 ounces of cheese is 1 cup. (The 8 ounces that you see on your measuring cup is for liquids, volume. It does not measure weight ... like for cheese)."
"Would love to try this recipe but am confused about the amount of cheese - do they want a cup (8oz on each of my measuring cups) or do they want 4oz which is 1/2 cup?Advice?"
"LOVED THIS RECIPE!!!!Made it twice in the same week.The second time I added a bit of cumin and Kraft hot habanero cheese - it was delicious and spicy."