Tex-Mex Pork Chops
"My Tex-Mex Pork Chops won a contest for me," writes JoAnn Dalrymple of Claremore, Oklahoma. Salsa, cumin and green chilies give these chops the spunk they need to be called "Tex-Mex."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute
- onion until tender. Add pork chops; cook over medium heat for 5-6
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the salsa, chilies, cumin and pepper; pour over pork. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.