Tex-Mex Pork Chops Recipe
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add pork chops; cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Combine the salsa, chilies, cumin and pepper; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.