Tex-Mex Pork Chops Recipe
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add pork chops; cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the salsa, chilies, cumin and pepper; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Pork Chops(7)
Sort By :
I really enjoyed this meal. I've made it 3 times now and it just gets better each time I make it.
Yum! Can't complain about this one!
Not at the top of my list but solid and easy.This is a good recipe with some spanish rice and when you might want a change from your typical pork chop.
(Thanks for saying something was missing before i made this) I added a can of low-sodium diced tomatoes and only used 3 bone-out pork chops (about 10 oz. total)
I recommend cooking the pork chops and onion at the same time and not allowing the onion to tenderize before putting in the chops.
Also, in combining the salsa, chilies step, along with the can of diced tomatos, I added a package of store-bought cajun rice. (following the package instructions)
It made this dish a meal!
Delicious and I would recomment to anyone.
Probably wont make again unless I had the pork on hand and nothing else to make. It didnt taste bad and wasnt bland but it just didnt have enough of something. I did like that it is healthy, easy and you can actually taste the flavor of the meat instead of masking it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >