Tex-Mex Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the popcorn kernels, oil and cumin seeds until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3 minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
1 cup: 44 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Popcorn
"I love this popcorn!"
"We all LOVE this popcorn! Just the right blend of spices for the whole family and light enough that we don't feel stuffed after a snack."