Spicy Southwest seasoning makes this snackin' good popcorn ideal for any fiesta. —Katie Rose, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the popcorn kernels, oil and cumin seeds until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3 minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Popcorn in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p43
Reviews for Tex-Mex Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review