Spicy Southwest seasoning makes this snackin' good popcorn ideal for any fiesta. —Katie Rose, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the popcorn kernels, oil and cumin seeds until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3 minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Popcorn in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p43
Reviews for Tex-Mex Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2012
"I love this popcorn!"
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
"We all LOVE this popcorn! Just the right blend of spices for the whole family and light enough that we don't feel stuffed after a snack."