Tex-Mex Pizza Recipe
Loaded with toppings that include black beans and corn, this knife-and-fork pizza is packed with Southwest flavor and served with avocado and sour cream on the side. Get ready to make mouths water. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and chilies.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Top with the beef mixture, cheese, beans, corn and olives.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Toss avocado with lemon juice. Serve pizza with avocado and sour cream. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice: 375 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC