Tex-Mex Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and chilies.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Top with the beef mixture, cheese, beans, corn and olives.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Toss avocado with lemon juice. Serve pizza with avocado and sour cream. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice with 2 tablespoons avocado and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 375 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.