Tex-Mex Pizza Recipe
Loaded with toppings that include black beans and corn, this knife-and-fork pizza is packed with Southwest flavor and served with avocado and sour cream on the side. Get ready to make mouths water. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and chilies.
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Top with the beef mixture, cheese, beans, corn and olives.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Toss avocado with lemon juice. Serve pizza with avocado and sour cream. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Pizza(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >