- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, soup and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Pasta
"Used taco seasoning. Easy to make and really good!!! Will make again!"
"Surprisingly delicious! I followed other reviewers' advice and used a packet of taco seasoning on the beef, otherwise made it exactly as written. The soup added an appealing creaminess. Also used medium salsa. My husband took one bite and declared it a new Top 10 favorite! Plus it couldn't be easier to make, and was ready in a flash. Thanks for sharing this keeper!"
"Delicious as written."
"Made this last night for myself, and like others, added taco seasoning, onions, and garlic and more cheese. Because I love spiced up stuff, added chili powder and 2 diced up jalapeno peppers. Was really good. Well worth making again, but might try different soups each time. (Cheese, Mushroom, or Celery..maybe even bean with bacon.) Good recipe Michele."
"Just made this dish, but tweaked it a bit, I thought the cream of chicken was going to be wierd but i tried it anyways, I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, didn't have taco seasoning, so I used seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder, added chopped onions and fresh garlic, topped it with cilantro and cheese. It turned out really good, my husband is a big critic to my creations but he had seconds. Next I will add more cheese and try it with taco seasoning."