- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, soup and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Pasta
Sort By :
"Made this last night for myself, and like others, added taco seasoning, onions, and garlic and more cheese. Because I love spiced up stuff, added chili powder and 2 diced up jalapeno peppers. Was really good. Well worth making again, but might try different soups each time. (Cheese, Mushroom, or Celery..maybe even bean with bacon.) Good recipe Michele."
"Just made this dish, but tweaked it a bit, I thought the cream of chicken was going to be wierd but i tried it anyways, I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, didn't have taco seasoning, so I used seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder, added chopped onions and fresh garlic, topped it with cilantro and cheese. It turned out really good, my husband is a big critic to my creations but he had seconds. Next I will add more cheese and try it with taco seasoning."
"I thought it was pretty good. I took another reader's advice and added a packet of taco seasoning to the meat. I think that added a nice flavor to it. I'm just not sure if I was a fan of the cream of chicken soup with the other ingredients. If I was to make it again I might try a can of cheddar cheese soup instead. It was definitely a quick and easy meal."
"A new favorite in our home! Made it exactly as written, but had to double the recipe (except the hamburger). Glad I did as there weren't any leftovers. One of my kids added peperoccinis for a little added kick. Delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"Excellent! Very easy and great recipe for those evenings when you don't have time to make a gourmet meal! Everyone love it!"