Tex-Mex Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of tomato sauce, chips, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Heat the remaining tomato sauce. Slice meat loaf; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1352mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Meat Loaf
"Excellent taste, my husband loved it. I added 1 Tbs. chopped chile peppers because he likes spicy foods. This recipe is a keeper -- easy, fast and delicious!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.