Tex-Mex Meat Loaf
This specially seasoned meat loaf tastes just like a taco. The recipe was given to me by a friend who was a terrific cook. I usually pair it with my best homemade corn bread. - Kathleen Lerum, Arlington, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of tomato sauce, chips, onion, green
- pepper and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat
- thermometer reads 160°; drain. Heat the remaining tomato sauce.
- Slice meat loaf; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Put leftover slices of Tex-Mex Meat Loaf on flour tortillas; top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce or any other taco toppings. Roll up and dip in salsa or sour cream.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,352 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.