This specially seasoned meat loaf tastes just like a taco. The recipe was given to me by a friend who was a terrific cook. I usually pair it with my best homemade corn bread. - Kathleen Lerum, Arlington, Texas
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of tomato sauce, chips, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Heat the remaining tomato sauce. Slice meat loaf; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review