"My husband and I really like macaroni and cheese," writes Arlene Lacell of Zillah, Washington. "When we had a lot left over on one occasion, I came up with this Tex-Mex treatment to use it up. This quick casserole is very good with a green salad."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni and cheese and salsa.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 393 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.