Tex-Mex Macaroni Recipe
"My husband and I really like macaroni and cheese," writes Arlene Lacell of Zillah, Washington. "When we had a lot left over on one occasion, I came up with this Tex-Mex treatment to use it up. This quick casserole is very good with a green salad."
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni and cheese and salsa.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Macaroni in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p54
Reviews for Tex-Mex Macaroni(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2013
This was really good and a nice change of pace from plain Mac and cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >