"This easy dish is one of our family's favorites," says Cindy Osborn. The Little Rock, Arkansas reader likes to double the recipe, making one zippy lasagna for dinner and another to freeze. "Sometimes we eat the second one in the same week," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, taco seasoning and seasoned
- salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Top with two tortillas and a third of the sauce, cottage cheese and
- shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Cover; bake at 350° for
- 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.