"This easy dish is one of our family's favorites," says Cindy Osborn. The Little Rock, Arkansas reader likes to double the recipe, making one zippy lasagna for dinner and another to freeze. "Sometimes we eat the second one in the same week," she adds.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, taco seasoning and seasoned salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with two tortillas and a third of the sauce, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Cover; bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Lasagna in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p33
Reviews for Tex-Mex Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review