Tex-Mex Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, taco seasoning and seasoned salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with two tortillas and a third of the sauce, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Cover; bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Lasagna(3)
Sort By :
My family loved this. For those who like spicier we added sliced jalapenos as a garnish. I like this because it is a lightened up version. Corn tortillas vs flour and cottage cheese vs sour cream.
I love this dish. Hint: I use 9 corn tortillas, putting 3 in each layer. On each layer I leave 2 whole, placing each whole one in a corner, diagonally across from the other. Then I cut one in half to cover the open spots in each layer; otherwise, there's too much open space not covered up by a tortilla. As for the cheese, I use a half and half mixture of cheddar and mozzarella. -Lori in WI.
This was good but my husband thought it tasted like a frozen dinner from the store for some reason!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >