Tex-Mex Ham 'n' Eggs
"For a satisfying combo, you can't beat ham, eggs, potatoes and cheese, plus salsa for zip," relates field editor Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
- In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in 1 tablespoon of oil until
- ham is lightly browned and onion is tender; remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; cook potatoes over medium heat until
- tender, turning to brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to
- skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. When eggs are set, spoon ham mixture over top; heat
- through. Sprinkle with cheese; top with salsa. Cut into wedges.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 497 calories, 33 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 282 mg cholesterol, 1,216 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.