Tex-Mex Ham 'n' Eggs Recipe
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in 1 tablespoon of oil until ham is lightly browned and onion is tender; remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil to skillet; cook potatoes over medium heat until tender, turning to brown.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon ham mixture over top; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; top with salsa. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 497 calories, 33 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 282 mg cholesterol, 1,216 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.