- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
- In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in 1 tablespoon of oil until ham is lightly browned and onion is tender; remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil to skillet; cook potatoes over medium heat until tender, turning to brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon ham mixture over top; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; top with salsa. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Ham N Eggs in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Ham 'n' Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review