This salad is a family favorite at cookouts. It's especially good with barbecued beef, which is so popular here in Texas.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Lettuce leaves
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Place the beans and salt in a saucepan; add a small amount of water. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, onions, pepper and cumin. Add beans and toss to coat. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Green Bean Salad in Country August/September 1997, p51
Reviews for Tex-Mex Green Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review