While writing holiday greeting cards with friends or relaxing with your family, you'll find this creamy dip adds some zip. Colorful and festive, it's easy to make ahead—perfect for this hectic time of year.
— Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (9 ounces each) bean dip
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- Tortilla chips
- Spread bean dip on a 12-in. serving plate. In a small bowl, mash
- avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over bean dip.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over
- the avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, onions and tomato.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 360 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.