Tex-Mex Dip Recipe
- 2 cans (9 ounces each) bean dip
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Spread bean dip on a 12-in. serving plate. In a small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over bean dip. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over the avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, onions and tomato. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 360 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.