Tex-Mex Dip with Spooky Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cans (9 ounces each) bean dip
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. Cut tortillas with a ghost- or pumpkin-shaped 3-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks.
- 2. Spread bean dip onto a 12-in. serving plate. In a small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over bean dip. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, onions and tomato. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: about 9 cups dip and 5 dozen chips.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 364 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Dip with Spooky Tortilla Chips
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.