Tex-Mex Dip with Spooky Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cans (9 ounces each) bean dip
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. Cut tortillas with a ghost- or pumpkin-shaped 3-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks.
- 2. Spread bean dip onto a 12-in. serving plate. In a small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over bean dip. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, onions and tomato. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: about 9 cups dip and 5 dozen chips.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with regular thin flour tortillas. Home-style tortillas are not recommended because they are thicker and won't become crisp.
1/2 cup: 364 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.