Tex-Mex Corn on the Cob
It's a snap to add zippy flavor to fresh corn on the cob. The tender ears get a summery treatment when seasoned with chili powder, cilantro and lime.
Helen Jacobs of Eules, Texas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 small ears fresh corn on the cob (about 6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Place corn in a Dutch oven or kettle; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cilantro, chili powder, lime
- peel, salt, cumin and garlic powder. Drain the corn. Spritz with
- butter-flavored spray; brush or pat seasoning over corn. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 ear) equals 85 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.