It's a snap to add zippy flavor to fresh corn on the cob. The tender ears get a summery treatment when seasoned with chili powder, cilantro and lime. —Helen Jacobs of Eules, Texas
- 12 small ears fresh corn on the cob (about 6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Place corn in a Dutch oven or kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cilantro, chili powder, lime peel, salt, cumin and garlic powder. Drain the corn. Spritz with butter-flavored spray; brush or pat seasoning over corn. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Corn on the Cob in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p27
Reviews for Tex-Mex Corn on the Cob
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review