Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans & Rice Recipe
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning; transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup, onion, chilies and remaining taco seasoning; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in beans; heat through.
- 3. Remove chicken from cooking juices; stir sour cream into cooking juices. Serve chicken with rice mixture and sauce. Sprinkle servings with cheese, tortilla chips and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 590 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,461 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.