Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans & Rice Recipe
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning; transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup, onion, chilies and remaining taco seasoning; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Remove chicken from cooking juices; stir sour cream into cooking juices. Serve chicken with rice mixture and sauce. Sprinkle servings with cheese, tortilla chips and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans & Rice
Sort By :
It was spicy and had a lot of flavor. I didn't use the chips and I used two cans of Rotel for tomatoes. I will be making this one again.
The chicken was tender & juicy and the dish was spicy and flavorful. I actually cooked canned pinto and kidney beans with the chicken and it turned out wonderful.
This was so good to come home to after a long day of work and running the kids around, needless to say it was all gone no leftovers.
This was wonderful. I didn't even use the sour cream or cilantro and my sweetie said it was awsome!
I would like to make this...but, I don't have a slow cooker